Modern business operations have begun to exploit the potential of digitization. This has led such businesses into aggressively exploring the amazing capacities of the Microsoft Power BI system.
Power BI is an intuitive and versatile business intelligence platform that enhances your business operations by extracting valuable insights from your data.
It is built to integrate with Microsoft products and third-party platforms so you can seamlessly and speedily access as well as assess data from different sources sharing insights extensively.
If you are a newbie looking to make the most of this platform, here’s what you need to know about Microsoft Power BI systems.
What versions are there for your business?
There is a Power BI for everyone, regardless of your budget, need. You have:
Power BI Desktop: is a free desktop application that gives you access to the Power BI service
Power BI Pro: is a paid version that allows you to share information privately
Power BI Premium: is quite pricey and best suited for enterprises that deal with loads of data
Power BI Mobile: is designed for mobile devices that run on Windows, Android, and iOS operating systems
Power BI Embedded: allows third parties to add Power BI to their products on a pay-as-you-go basis
Power BI Report Server: used by businesses that need to keep their data on-premises
What can you use Power BI for?
Microsoft Power BI is used to extract critical insights from an organization’s data by processing and converting it into interactive, descriptive visuals. This can be shared and analyzed by users within and outside the organization.
Although data analysts and business intelligence professionals mostly use it, people who are not Power bi experts also use it because it is highly customizable and user-friendly. It is this customizability that allows users with diverse skill sets to employ it to different uses.
What will Power BI cost your business?
The costs of Microsoft Power BI systems are as varied as its users. The Power BI Desktop and Power BI
Mobile versions are free, while the Power BI Embedded is a pay-as-you-go service. The prices of the Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium versions depend on the number of users and the extent of use.
What will you enjoy with power BI?
- Unlimited access to on-premise and frequently updated in-cloud data whenever and wherever the need arises.
- Interactive dashboards that allow just anyone to create “wow” visualizations.
- Simplification of interaction with data
- Promotes collaboration that could generate solutions
- Great value/ price ratio
- Seamless connection with multiple sources
- Offers granular control on internal and external access
What challenges would you face with power BI?
- Difficulty with large data sources with a sufficiently sophisticated team of Power bi experts.
- Although it doesn’t need coding knowledge, it could be challenging to people who are unfamiliar with certain tools like Microsoft Excel.
- There is a 1GB utmost for each dataset.
- Difficult migration from SSRS to Power BI.
- Unintuitive controls and errors
EPC Group is an industry leader in Power BI governance with more than 4 million Office 365 users successfully migrated. Boasting a team of the best Power BI specialists in North America, EPC Group has been packing honorable awards. Would you like to know how they managed to clinch the furiously contested Gartner’s Cool Vendor of the Year? Because it has a knack for beating your expectations.